Largest kids comic section in the east bay. Our knowledgeable staff can help you find the right book for your child.
As always, we have FREE COMICS every day at the Escapist Comic Bookstore. First 2 comics on the sidewalk sale table are FREE. 50 cents per copy after that.
ESCAPIST COMICS BOOK CLUB
Sunday, June 17th 6:45 pm
Get together with a group of people who (like you) read comics and want to talk about them. Each month we discuss a different graphic novel. It is a great way to expose yourself to a comic that you might not have tried if were not for that friend who suggested it. The reading selections are nominated by group members and chosen by the group, and all of us are (yes) friends having met at the group.
This month we are reading:
No.1 With a Bullet
by Jacob Semahn(W) and Jorge Corona(A/CA)
Her social media, strong. Her variety show segments, a hit. Nash Huang is at the top of her game. But when the iRis Shutter contact lens hits the market, Nash's life is personally invaded. The latest leap forward in "technological progress," these contacts not only play video or augment reality... but also record with the blink of an eye. Fighting to keep her life together after a leaked sex tape goes viral, a clingy super-fan is the last thing on Nash's mind...but that's exactly when the bodies pile up and the terror begins.
Bookclub members! Buy your book and get it signed one week earlier at the book signing on June 8.
Our selection for the next month is
Wonder Woman, Vol 2 Year One
by Greg Rucka (W) and Nicola Scott (A)
The team of writer Greg Rucka and artist Nicola Scott weave the definitive and shocking tale of Diana's first year as Earth's protector. Paradise has been breached, Ares stirs and the Amazons must answer with a champion of their own...one who is willing to sacrifice her home among her sisters to save a world she has never seen. Wonder Woman's journey begins in this epic origin story! Collects WONDER WOMAN #2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14.
Book Club Benefits include:
- Most excellent company
- 20% discount on book club titles
- ..and sometimes surprises
Escapist Comics Podcast
Have you listened to it, yet? LISTEN
Hosted by Escapist Comic Staff (Jessica Balboni and Jesse Hett), the Escapist Comics Podcast features reviews of the current week's comics and insightful and often comedic looks at comics today, comic book movies, tv, celebrities, and sometimes a bit of gossip. If it looks like a comic and smells like a comic, it's fair game. Many of the podcasts feature comic creator interviews. Those who have appeared on the podcast include Rick Remender, Brian Wood, Alex de Campi, Becky Cloonan, Matteo Pizzolo, Matthew Rosenberg, Babs Tarr, Jason Latour and countless others. (well maybe it's a number you can count to but that doesn't sound anywhere as good as "countless", does it?)
INDIE COMICS AND COMIC ZINES
NEW indie arrivals at the store...
- Alexa and Rutless by Jerimiah Suit and Joe Bilicic -
Part 3 of a sci-fi story that takes place in the bay area....$4.99
- Burrito Gun a collection of sketches by Ben Seto - by the creator of Skullbunnies... $25
- The Box by Jason Rose. Explicit content for mature readers. Full length CD by Butt Sacks. I think you get the idea. Be afraid... $15
- Varsity 7 by Jason Mendez and Ariel Lacci. Due to an accounting error a student does not have enough for his last semester of college, so he pulls a heist.
Three Comics by Fred Noland
Fred is an independent comic artist living in Oakland. He has self-published a number of great comics over the years. He recently dropped these off at the store.
- Major Taylor tells the story of the black American cyclist who won the world 1 mile (1.6 km) track cycling championship in 1899 after setting numerous world records and overcoming racial discrimination.
- 557: A story about riding in the 2007 Aids Life Cycle event from San Francisco to Los Angeles in 7 days.
- Black Sheep #3 continues his "Neighborhood of the Beast" series.Ivan and Fazul enjoy a boy's night out.
Check out all the fine comics that independent creators have been dropping off at the store lately. Try one of our 10 comics for $5 grab bags of older minis to sample a bit of that indie feel.
Creators! We have our consignment system in place. Contact us at hello at escapistcomics dot com ....... natch!
FIRST 2 COMICS ARE FREE. Next 10 are 50 cents a piece. After that 25 cents each. Sale applies to all comics in white boxes on the sidewalk. NEW COMICS HAVE BEEN ADDED and will be ADDED EACH WEEK.
There is one guy who is getting a lot of great comics. Why isn't that guy also you?
Don't miss out on your favorite comics
Come in and ask us about our
- We pull and hold the comics for you every Wednesday.
- Free bags and boards
- No minimum, but if you order 5 or more titles per month.......
- You get a FREE copy of Previews and ...
- You can pre-order from Previews and get a 20% discount on those pre-orders except for new comics and selected toys.